Little Brown Mushroom 1 (Pluteus sp. ?)

Es gibt 12 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 1.211 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von Steve_mt.

• Hi. I have found a nice cluster of caramel-cinnamon brown mushrooms with a paler border measuring 1-3 cm wide (pileus diameter) and about 5cm long. The stipe is cream, smooth except for some pruinosity at the apex and not attached to the gills. Spore print medium brown. Spores elliptic with obtuse ends, not ornamented measuring 8.2 × 5.1 µm [ 6.8) 7.4 - 9.1 (10.4) × (4.4) 4.7 - 5.6 (5.9) µm // Q = (1.3) 1.5 - 1.8 (2) ; N=27 // Me = 8.2 × 5.1 µm ; Qe = 1.6 ; Ve = 113 µm3]. Pileipellis a hymeniderm of angular cells. Margin of gills completely lined with dense tufts of short (19-24um long) cheilocystidia, clavate-utriform, hyaline. I think we are dealing with a small Pluteus. But which one thomsonii ?

• Hi Steve,

I am no expert and I won't be able to help you probably, but don't Pluteus species always have a pinkish sporeprint? I never heard of Pluteus with brownish spore prints. Are the gills completely free?

Kind Regards

Oliver

• Hi Steve,

yeah sometimes the colour on pictures is different as in reality. Personally, I wouldn't consider this collection a Pluteus sp. because of the slightly adnexed lamellae.

Did you try to key your species with a genus key?

I hope someone has an idea about what this could be. I would appreciate seeing this riddle resolved.

Greetings

Oliver

• Well, I have had first Mythicomycetaceae in mind as I saw the pics.

»Experts do not exist,

we all are beginners

with greater or lesser knowledge.«

Luis Alberto Parra Sánchez

• Hello everyone and thank you for your valuable tips. I think I agree that we are in the Psathyrella or something around Mythicomycetaceae genera (Psathyrella and Mythicomycetaceae are sister families). My problem with the latter family is that some characters obtained from the paper describing the family (Vizzini et al., 2019 - doi.org/10.3114/fuse.2019.03.05) do not match with my specimens, namely Mythicomycetaceae should have:

- Pileipellis a thin ixocutis with parietal pigment

- Cheilocystidia thick-walled, inocybe-like, often with hyaline crystals at apex

I see a hymeniderm pp. and the cc. without crystals. If my reasoning is correct, I focused on Psathyrella and apply Melzer Key

There aren't much species of Psathyrealla without a germpore and the key took me to section A (no seta in cap, veil absent, no yellow pigment in cc, plerocystidia absent) or section D (no seta, veil absent, no yellow pigment in cc, pleurocystidia present). I did not see pleaurocystidia but I took both sections of the key into consideration.

In Section A, the closest would be Coprinopsis submicrospora which i dont see it much similar

In Section D, the closest would be Psathyrella clivensii but there are other options but things get more tough down the key

• Pathyrella clivensis

Psathyrella clivensis Fungus Species

Psathyrella clivensis - A.M.B. PESARO
    Genere Psathyrella Specie clivensis (Berk. & Broome) P.D. Orton Sinonimi: Foto   Exsic. n. 2815 Erbario Maletti. Determinatore: Maletti M. Foto. Maletti M.…
    www.ambpesaro.it

Spores match incl. size, shape, no germ pore, thick-walled

White Stipe

Short cheilocystidia

No or scanty Veil

Habitat is not so different, also in alkaline soil

Overall colours and small size of cap quite similar

• Hi Steve,

Looking on Psathyrella could be rather frustrating as I had to experience myself not long ago. But your approach so far might possibly result that you quickly find the correct lane.

Mentioned paper "Fungal Systematics and Evolution, Volume 3, Number 1, June 2019, pp. 41-56(16)" (interesting stuff, by the way) gives reason to serious doubts in Mythicomycetaceae.

Maybe it's Psathyrella clivensis. Found this (PLS CLICK HERE) and to me it looks very close to your specimens incl. some micro pics.

ATB

»Experts do not exist,

we all are beginners

with greater or lesser knowledge.«

Luis Alberto Parra Sánchez

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Thorwulf ()