Agaricus iodosmus

Es gibt 3 Antworten in diesem Thema, welches 859 mal aufgerufen wurde. Der letzte Beitrag () ist von Steve_mt.

• Seeking confirmation of Agaricus iodosmus

Medium-sized Agaricus, fruiting body 8 cm long , pileus 5cm across, phenol-scented, stipe yellow staining on bruising or cutting in half, flesh in upper parts turn reddish-brown, situated in an anthropogenic location under a copse of cultivated olive trees. Basidiospores subspherical to broadly-elliptical, measuring Me = 5.2 × 4.3 µm ; Qe = 1.2 ; Ve = 50 µm3.

• Hi Steve,

Agaricus iodosmus (syn. A. pilatianus) should have a roughly scaly surface on the pileus and a wrinkled ring - yours are pretty much smooth. The dark crumbs on the hat are earth, aren't they?

Why not just Agaricus xanthodermus? The spores would go with it...

Good night – Rika

• I think I misjudged the earthy artifacts as scaly projections when keying this specimen from photos.Observing with more attention the last pic, there is less crumbs which supports the idea of being earth that fell down when handling the specimens.I will check some more things and let u all know what I decided loo

• This is the mother key from the monograph Agaricus which splits iodosmus (lead 11a) from xanthodermus (lead 11b). I thought the ring is patent without cogwheel radiations. I might be wrong but for learning purposes it would be nice to discuss.

11a.- Annulus patent (rigid, not pliable), close to the stipe, with margin exhibiting three rims, with- out scales arranged into a cogwheel on the underside. Cheilocystidia either with cylindrical to clavate terminal element (simple or multiseptate) or very polymorphous (simple, with a basal septum or catenulate).

11b.- Annulus pendent (hanging and pliable), separate from the stipe, broken up on the underside into a cogwheel of radial scales, only exceptionally appearing appressed to the stipe and unbro- ken, but in this case the margin is thick and does not show three rims. Cheilocystidia typically simple, usually shortly pedunculate, globose, ovoid or pyriform, occasionally catenulate, non- multiseptate.